Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Life with the terrible twos

So this stage is new to me. Gone is my mild manner child and in his place is a frustrating two year old that drives me up the wall. The fake crying, the wrong plate, the wrong cup, the wrong blanket (and he is a blanket freak), but when dad comes home. Everything is peachy. Gee mom, what do you mean he has been a grouch. He is fine for me. Grrr. For the past two mornings, he has been up at 6:50 am and get this one 5:50 am, plus frequently getting up in the middle of the night. I think he may be getting his two year old molars, but he won't let me look in his mouth. Hey, I am finally able to get him to brush his teeth. We have a system that works now. Plus the cars toothbrush and the cars toothpaste. Anything to get him to brush his teeth. I have a feeling he doesn't want to nap anymore because it takes him about an hour to fall asleep and even then, he doesn't last long expect for the past two days. The rain has finally stopped and it is getting warm outside again. Yeah, he can play outside, but even then, the dogs bark, or his car door doesn't shut. Please give me a break. I do love my child, I am just running on maybe 5 hours of sleep a night, naps make me feel worse and between the back pain and the braxton hicks, I am done. Then there are the dishes, the laundry, the cleaning and organizing. Okay, so maybe I am venting, but hey, I have less than one week left in this pregnancy (knock on wood) and all I want to do is hold this child in my arms. Ryan told me last night that a co-worker of his suggested that we buy Matthew a present from the baby. Little did he know, that I did this about 4 months ago and it is wrapped in my bag for the hospital. He just laughed. I guess I am on the ball sometimes.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

a friend told me today that women are 14% more likely to have their babies on tuesdays... so it's tuesday... any baby yet? no? maybe next tuesday then.

Chris said...

I'm hugging you from here!! What a stinky rant... I mean it's stinky that that's all happening right now.

Ha ha ha... you are way ahead of the game re: gift from baby. Might be fun to take Matthew to choose a toy for baby too... when the days are running a little smoother.

You can do it... just stick to your guns on the important issues, the rest sort themselves out sometimes. Ignoring everything has been called "accidental parenting"... I read that somewhere and liked the mind picture.

Anyways, I sent my kids home with my in-laws tonight for a day or two... that will really help us get things sorted out...what a disaster. I guess I could have emailed instead... but I can't find my computer. oops. ttys. all the best with baby... can't wait to hear.