Saturday, May 12, 2007

7 1/2 more weeks to go


And the count down continues as always. I am sitting here pregnant as ever and trying to think of what else I need. Ryan needs to grab Matthews 0-3 month clothes from deep in the storage closet so I can wash them regardless if it is a girl or a boy. I am excited for either, but I have to say, a girl is what I am wanting. Then I am done. It has been a busy two weeks for me. Mowing lawns, deciding what I am going to do about curtains to cover my patio door. (Bought material to sew and just need to find a rod to put up and they are the blackout material. Keeps heat and cold out.) For those of you who have been in my house, the hot afternoon sun brings the nice summer heat in and I am trying to keep it out this summer. Hopefully this works. I also bought similar material for Matthews room. We finally got rid of the yellow. Who was I kidding when I painted the room yellow. Don't paint a baby's room yellow with the sun shining in, it could get so hot in there and in the afternoon, the room would never be dark enough for sleeping. I was so tired of it after a month. We finally repainted it a bright, but cool blue and I love it. I am hoping to have all of these curtains done by the end of the week. As some may notice I am tackling a room a week to clean. I am nesting. Baby is coming soon. (I hope.)

We have also been trying to evict our drug dependent tenant from one of our houses. The system sucks and our hearing date isn't until the 24th. Please pray that he goes peacefully and just leaves. I don't need this stress right now.

Today and yesterday was also cattle moving day. Up the hill or to Abbotsford for greener pasture, so that we are able to get 2-3 cuts off of our grass before fall to feed them thru the winter. I would like to thank John for the use of his truck and trailer to make this possible. I do need to find a better list system on the computer. Too many lists means that last night some moms went up the hill without their babies. Needless to say, they are nosey and I didn't get the good night sleep that I would normally get, not that it I get a good night sleep anyways. That is the curse for being pregnant and a light sleeper.

Today I have learned to bite my tongue. We are having trouble with my niece, and it gets to me. Today, I had to leave as per Ryan to pick up a fuel filter for the truck that they needed ASAP and left Matthew in Ryan and Shirley's care, with specific instructions. Hayley had a friend over that I am not so keen on and Matthew was not to be left unsupervised with them as Hayley doesn't exactly act properly around this specific friend. I came home to find the two girls running around the yard. I asked where Shirley was thinking Matthew was with her since the trailer had left the yard. I followed them around the house and then asked where Matthew was. He was left alone by the pool with the two girls chased each other. I grabbed my child and left. I bit my tongue. I found Shirley and Ryan and Shirley dealt with the situation. I am still mad about it and anything could have happened in those two minutes that Matthew was left unattended around a pool, hot tub, creek, and pond. I have to realize that I am not Hayley's mother or guardian and that is probably the hardest thing for me. I remember being 12, but not acting out like she is. Kids grow up way to fast these days.

No comments: